20040131

Answers to readers questions

As a further public service to people who are reaching here with well formed search queries that are insufficiently answered by the material that they find here, I will attempt to post material that would have answered the question. Does that make sense?

Firstly, many congratulations to the person who got here looking for "i believe in a thing called love" "george formby" -- you clearly have the right idea. I don't know what that idea is, but I can just about see it working: a nice ukelele cover version of "I believe in a thing called love" would go down well. But that's true of just about any song, really (hence the last five years of DeadRingers).

I believe in a thing called love
Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
There's a chance we could make it now
We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called love
Ooh! Mr Woo, what should I do?

As I mentioned before, there are several Darkness tribute acts floating around at the moment. At least one of these had a very good and clever name, but I can't remember what it was [oh yes, it was "The Daftness"]. There's also a EP out, called "Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Darkness".

Thanks also to the reader who got here using "Lampost worrying". Possibly they were in search of a googlewhack, but more likely they were searching for information on the urban equivalent of the countryside blight of sheep worrying (see also: Chris Morris and his "shop bothering").

For the person looking for significant events in beyonces life, I would have thought that the tried and trusted trinity of "briths, marriages and deaths" should cover it [sometimes also known as 'dropping sprogs and popping clogs' -- see Truss if you must].

To the searcher for "free spank bloggs", I don't know which is more worrying -- that you are looking for this, or that this page comes up first.

Lastly, who are david brents favourite comedians. Answer: I don't know. But, to Ricky Gervais, here's a tip: stop telling that twins anecdote. We've all heard it now, it was quite funny the first time, but you really should get a new story.

No comments: