20040125

Here's a news story that I almost missed: three apparently unrelated deaths on flights from Miami to Heathrow in one weekend. Coincidences happen, but that doesn't make them any the less intriguing when they do.

Amazon has started selling votes. No, hang on, that's wrong. They've started allowing people to donate to presidential candidates through their website. I'm rather disappointed in this. Not only am I unable to participate (because, according to some accompanying rubric, I don't fulfill the conditions necessary to donate), but they haven't extended the usual Amazon technology to the problem, so there are no 5 star ratings or recommendations ("People who bribed this candidate also bribed..."). Which is a shame, since I would have liked to see what the usual illiterate masses could come up with those standing:

George W Bush

Rating: * AngelFish49 from Urbana-Champaign, Illinois

I really enjoyed the first in the George Bush series, so I bought the sequel with high expectations. What a disappointment! It frequently malfunctions, rarely makes sense, and is generally quite patronising. Perhaps this is meant to be satire, but I don't get it. When I chose Bush, I was so close to picking Gore instead, but now that is out-of-print, and so I'm stuck with this piece of junk instead.

3 out of 17 people found this review useful

Rating: **** WhiteCollarRedNeck from Portland, Oregon

THIS PREZ ROX... FOGET WHAT OTHERS SAY I LUVE THE TAX CUTS FOR THE POOR MAN LIKE ME. THE WAR SCENES ARE REALLY EXITING!!!! FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!

12,726,162 out of 16,236,413 people found this review useful

Howard Dean

Rating ** WiredHipster from Boston, Mass.

I was really please with myself for getting the HowardDean AutomatedPresident over the internet for only [$$$]. All my friends were really jealous. But last week, it seemed to break down and emit a weird screeching noise. I am returning it immediately, and I guess I'll have to settled for something a little less advanced.

Dennis Kucinich

Rating ***** CluelessInSeattle from Seattle, Washington.

Duz ne1 no whether this is ne gud? the picture luks like that ferengy gut in DS9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 out of 17 people found this review useful

No comments: