20040114

Help me out on this one folks -- I'm trying to track down a song that consisted of Baldrick's war poetry from Blackadder put to a techno beat. I have a worrying feeling that I dreamt the whole thing, in which case although it doesn't currently exist, it now must. Please can someone with a sampler and some remix ability now create it?

It's a good time for fans of dance music cover versions of prog rock classics. Of which I am sure that there must be many out there. The Scissor Sisters' cover version of Comfortably Numb is OK but sends me running for the original (those helium vocals are just annoying). Meanwhile, the Boogie Pimps version of Somebody to Love (the Jefferson Airplane version, not the Queen song) is also mildly inferior to the original, suffering from the sin of delaying the chorus hook until it gets quite annoying. Lastly, DJ Sammi's epic 63 minute remix of the whole of Yes's album, Tales from Topographic Oceans is as yet merely a figment of my own imagination.

No comments: