20060513

In Dreams

Sometimes great ideas come to us in dreams. And sometimes we just conjure up bizarre images that make no sense in the cold light of day. This morning I awoke with a single word "supercaust" echoing through my head. As far as I can remember, it was the title of one of a trilogy of related books, although it might have been something to do with a modern version of ancient roman central heating devices.

(this in turn reminds me of a conversation I had about a decade ago regarding my sumptuous student digs:
Me: "They're even heated with a hypocaust"
James: "Straight up?!"
Me: "No, under the floor")

Anyway, possibly also as a consequence of lucid dreaming, your topical tonguetwister of the day is "Iranian Uranium". Try saying that twenty times in succession while submerged in a giant pot of water in the Lincoln center).

No comments: