20040927

CRT

Another question for all the technerds out there. I'm thinking about replacing my monitor with one of those LSD Fat Panels that seem to be all the rage at the moment. Those skilled in mathematics will deduce that this will leave me with one (1) CRT monitor and no input for it.

So, my question is, what useful and or interesting things can one do with a CRT monitor with 15pin VGA-style input? The best I can come up with, apart from keeping it as a spare, or attaching it to a laptop, is that one could purchase an appropriate convertor to accept standard video input, and plug in one of the dozen or so DVD players currently lying about the place. I'm just wondering if there is something more fun to do -- are there any other cheap devices that spit out a VGA signal and do interesting things with it? I suspect the answer is no.

Any references to dokbot will probably be ignored.

I notice that someone recently reached here using the google search string "dead horse". Now that I've mentioned it, I supposed I'm blogging a dead horse.

NB. Yes, I know I've done that one before. But that was a year ago, so consider it the equivalent of a repeat on TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, they're quite heavy, so should make pretty effective paperweights...
There's also supposedly a way to drive em from an xbox.
Or y'could just give it to the first person who asks...

Anonymous said...

it would make an attractive fish tank