20030930

Extremely tedious observations.

I've been listening to some mp3s (all taken from recordings that I own, before RIAA tries to sue me and my grandmother). I have approximately 400 of them, all in a big directory, and for variety, I use the "randomize order" function in Winamp to create an arbitrary permutation. It seemed like one song was going on for a long time, so I looked up to see what was going on. It turns out that the random ordering had put "The Saga Begins" by Weird Al next to "American Pie" by DonMcLean. What are the chances of that, then?

Well, about 1 in 200. And the probability of something like that happening are considerably lower, seeing as I also have:

a) A couple of rips of singles which have two or three remixes of the same song
b) A couple of duplicates due to differing naming conventions
c) About ten different versions of Hit Me Baby, One More Time

So there's bound to be a few coincidences along the way (or, with high probability...)

Putting all your music on a couple of DVD+Rs, though, that's really cool. Which reminds me...

Punchlines to jokes

Some punchlines to jokes involving animals. Supply your own feeds...

...but a talking frog -- that's really cool!

Here's that sick squid I owe you

Oh no, not quail again.

I'm a prawn again, Christian!

No comments: