20031127

I had a very nice update written on Monday, shortly after the SIGMOD deadline, letting you know everything that's been going on - and, through a combination of Blogger's frankly vile code for IE and IE itself, the update got swallowed, and no amount of frantic hitting of the back button could restore. Anyway, I'm now safely back in the realms of Opera, which tends to be less, er, crap (can anyone seriously use Internet Explorer for anything but the most casual of searching attempts? I suppose that with the google toolbar installed it does become just about bearable, but still...)

At some point I shall try to recover the things I was wittering on about, but in the meantime, I have switched in a new tracker at the bottom of the page, since Servustats went offline, then came back apparently having been taken over by someone else and no longer doing anything useful for free. I'm trying out a new one which claims to give me search results so I can see what crazy search terms people use to get here. Sadly, the old ones seem to be lost forever, although the last time I checked, my biggest search results seemed to be coming from various permutations of "Sex bloggs" (should get some more hits from the illiterate one-handed surfers for that), and from "barbara bush nude". It's a sick world out there, best to stay inside.

Now, let's see if this works -- although this time I'll keep a copy on the clipboard unless something screws up.

No comments: