20050920

I'm thinking about my doorbell...

...when are you going to fix it?

When someone rings my doorbell, it keeps ringing until you go downstairs and lever the pusher back out of a stuck position.

Fortunately, no one ever comes to visit, so I just have to deal with it when pizza arrives or someone comes to read the meter.

In other news: I noticed that my network was very busy last night, when there shouldn't have been any external traffic. But I was too lazy to get off the couch to investigate, so I used VNC from the laptop to get onto the desktop and figure out what was running. The only application that was using any significant chunk of processor was something called winvnc4.exe, which I didn't recognise. Could it be a virus or a worm? Then I realized: it was only the VNC server that was using the bandwidth, internally, so I could see what was on the desktop.

If this hasn't made you dislike me, then I really don't know what else I can do to make you hate me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Doorbell repair man!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.