20040812

I have no internet and I must whinge

Got home last night to discover my DSL modem winking at me balefully. Hmm, on Monday I call the company to tell them that I'm moving and ask them to transfer the service to the new place next week; today I call them to discover that they've hacked off my service prematurely. Because, of course, just before moving is exactly the time when I could use connectivity most, to change contact details, book removals, and a hundred and one other things.

Which leaves me stranded, because, again of course, although Verizon can terminate my DSL in an instant, it is completely impossible for them to switch it back on again. Useless fools. This leaves with the possibility of trying to somehow hack my BEFW11S4 into letting me leech my neighbour's wireless connection. This appears to be impossible. Grrr.

No comments: