20040618

Rejection

It's a funny business applying for academic jobs. Even after I've fixed myself up with something for next [academic] year (BCIS/DHS permitting), the jobs that I applied for back in December continue to dribble in with belated rejection letters, at the rate of one every week or so. At least the current batch are lying to me as blatantly as some did: these were personalized looking letters complimenting me on the strength of my application but sadly regretting that they were unable to invite me for interview -- and then the scanned signature of someone who'd clearly never actually looked at my application package.

What else is new and exciting? UK denizens should be aware that the Graveyard shift is back, albeit in a slightly curtailed, and fat-free form. For US readers, this can be enjoyed before dinner by listening live, or wherever you are in the world, it can be enjoyed before lunch, before tea and before dinner thanks to the listen again feature.

Some important McGuyver and Quinlanck news to follow, when I have enough time to fire up the image capture device. There was probably something else to pay attention to, but it's getting late and it's nearly time for the Daily Show. Abnormal service will be resumed as and when. Yesterday's mashed potatoes.

No comments: