20050709

London Calling

In an attempt to understand what's been going on in the world lately, I've be relistening to Radio 1's broadcast output from 9am to noon on Thursday. Thanks to the BBC's policy of sticking pretty much everything that is broadcast on the website, you can listen as the news slowly filters through, from "electrical disruptions" being second billing to the G8 summit at 9.30 am, to launching into full blown emergency broadcast system mode around 11am. Even when things seem bad, they still stick with the jokes and entertainment news until the Tony Blair press conference when it becomes clear that something is up. Contrary to popular belief, sometimes news travels quite slowly.

As I was beginning to pack for my European Vacation (starting Wednesday) I got out my bag of European stuff: credit cards, Euros, power converters etc. Amongst it all I found my honorary Londoner card:



which made me remember I'm a womble londoner of sorts. Anyway, I'll be arriving in London wednesday morning, but unless anyone is up for coffee in Victoria at some unearthly hour in the morning (probably about 9.15 am), then your best bet to meet up in the capital will be on Friday when I am planning a day trip in to the city. Contact me if you are around. And you know who I am, natch.

No comments: