20040510

My Bios won't flash

After a fairly frustrating time, I'm giving up with trying to reflash the bios on my mod chip, and think of some new way to get streaming media onto my TV. This is quite annoying, technology failing to live up to its potential even after being hit with a hammer (repeatedly).

So to distract myself from the shortcomings of electronics, I spent the weekend in the catskills with mysterious other. The Catskills are great, because if you repeat it over and over you find that you are saying "Kills Cats". There weren't actually any cats up there, though. Perhaps they had all been killed. Maybe Quentin Tarantarantarantarntino should have sponsored them to change their name to the Billskills for his new flim.

The main reason I'm posting, apart from to remind myself that I'm not dead, is to comment on the changes here at blogspot/blogger. Lots of people who use this website to write blogs have posted about these changes, which essentially mean that exactly the same empty content that they had before will look slightly different. One of the big changes is to automatically integrate a comments option on posts. Of course, I will not be enabling this. There is already a perfectly good comments mechanism for this non-blog: if you have some comment on any posting, then write it out on a post it note, and stick it to your monitor just below the relevant section. If you are sufficiently arrogant that you think the whole world needs to hear what you have to say about something I have written involving a bad pun and irritation about automatically flushing toilets, then invite them round to your house, and show them the posting with the comment post-it note underneath. If you think I must also witness your flailing, then you may peel off the post-it note and send it to me in an envelope. I will then look at this, laugh at your stupid waste of time, then crush the thing in my hand whilst grinning maniacly (to grin maniacly: eg, to assume the facial arrangement of Tony Blair, MP, PM, bah). What could be simpler?

No comments: