20041001

Unemployed layabouts

Hello.

I'm unemployed!

Woo-hoo!

That is, my previous contract finished on September 30th. My new jobs starts on October 4th. So, today and for the weekend, I'm technically unemployed. I'm celebrating this freedom by, er, working in the office on some stuff. Er, never mind, eh? Not my fault someone has dumped a paper deadline on Monday, so I need to get stuff moving for it.

I quite enjoyed the debate yesterday, although it was somewhat repetitive.

Statistics:

Number of uses of the phrase "Mixed messages" or "mixed signals":
GWB: 8
JK: 4

References to Saddam Hussein:
GWB: 16
JK: 12

References to Osama binLaden
GWB: 6
JK: 9

Number of times Saddam Hussein confused with Osama binLaden
GWB: 1
JK: (one slight confusion)
Donald Rumsfled: constantly.

Quote of the night: "That's kind of a pre-September 10th mentality" -- GWB.

Also, "I wouldn't join the International Criminal Court. It's a body based in The Hague where unaccountable judges and prosecutors can pull our troops or diplomats up for trial. "

Yes. Wouldn't want to be party to courts that are completely unaccountable and can summon foreign citizens for trial, eh? Let me know, which would you prefer, the Hague, or Guantanamo Bay? I know what I'd choose. I'd choose not to get caught.

No comments: