20040402

ObPosting

I'm in imminent danger of getting into some kind of infinite loop here, but here goes. The last post mentioned the effect of an NTK'ing. This in turn got picked up on Oblomovka (the website of popular internets celebrity DO'B) in the ObLinks section. The first thing to point out that I'm not going to trust DO'B to work out my taxes if he thinks that 1582 is roughly 2000. So, because I have statistics on this webpage, I can now exclusively report the effect of an Oblamvkaing:

There are about 30 hits that come directly from Oblamovka. And about another 40 odd come from a website that lists the links off Oblomovka. But overall I got about 100 extra hits around the time of the Oblamovkaing, which suggests that there were about 30 hits unaccounted for -- possibly through links sent by email or other nefarious untrackable sources.

Now all we need is for this post to get picked up in NTK (possibly in their end section), and we can start the whole process all over again. Who would have thought it?

I'm sick of being the focus of all activity on the internet, so I'm going to Argentina for a week. I am promised that they have internets installed in all the rooms in the hotel, so maybe I will be to make some more coherent posts on this ongoing conspiracy.

More follows up to the previous postings: my "friend to the stars of the UK internet massive" correspondent writes from only.org to point out that the Quinlank scarf illustrated below could equally belong to Jesus College, Oxford as Queens' College Cambridge (althought there seem to be no pictures of this on the internet so I have only his word to go on). And, since my increasingly unupdated Radiohaha correspondent points out, not only does Eldon have no Oxbridge connections, but in fact has gone on the record as being mildly cheeky about them, we can only conclude that it's someone else's scarf. Oh well. I'm still looking for a digitized copy of Eskimo Day though.

No comments: